WAHEY!!! My energy company may be billing BUT it’s ME that’s cooing!
Three months ago when I received my last gas and electric bills I was horrified to see that they intended to increase my monthly electricity direct debit. Okay so they were reducing the gas one but it was still a nasty shock.
Time to take evasive action:
- I replaced my electric kettle with an old-fashioned whistling one for the hob. My significant other is a real tea-belly and the kettle would be going constantly throughout the day
- I Freegled an oldish freezer that was never fully utilised. It went to a disabled lady whose own had packed up
- I got rid of my electric alarm clock – my phone has an alarm and that does just fine
- I use remaining hot water from the kettle to do the washing up and now only do it once a day
- We soak our washing by hand and only use the washing machine for a fast spin
And the result?
Electricity now in credit by a whopping £58 and gas still in credit by £19. 🙂
I know we’re in the summer months but believe me I am determined to maintain progress.
Hoping I have inspired you