Now I know that none of like a quitter but there are some things it really is worth giving up on.
I have suffered from an under active thyroid for longer than I care to remember. This condition causes a few problems for most sufferers; unremitting tiredness, lethargic metabolism, hair loss, sensitivity to cold, but for me the worst part was the weight gain. I started to feel that even if I lived on a lettuce leaf per day I would still pile on the pounds!
My age was against me too – in middle age your whole body shape seems to alter – and no matter how careful I was my weight kept creeping up. 😦
I have always tried to maintain a healthy diet but it just wasn’t having any effect on my weight. I would eye the bathroom scales in despair, convinced they must be lying to me!
Well this situation continued for several years and my weight continued to hover around the 11 stone mark which was far too heavy for a shortie like me – I am only 5′ 4″ – and it showed, in all the wrong places naturally.
Then I decided to ‘tweak’ a few things:
- I cut my coffee intake down to just 2 cups per day
- I started drinking only water for the rest of the day (the cheapest bottled kind because with UAT you should avoid fluoride)
- I reduced my weekend alcohol intake though I was never a heavyweight in that area anyway
- I cut out ALL sugar from my diet (and that included 3 tsp per cup of coffee!)
- I started using honey to sweeten my coffee and the occasional herbal teas
The result has seen me drop from a size 14 to a size 10/12 which for me is fairly amazing. And the best bit is that I just don’t miss sugar at all.
I am including a link here that you may find useful:
Hope I have inspired you to try quitting!
Till next time